Tuesday, November 9, 2010

NEXT...!

Was talking to some new interns at the office and it got me thinking...

how the hell did i end up here in this industry?
It really wasn't that long ago (hmmm in denial) when I was contemplating life's choices starting with what do I want to do...
become a vet... (mom vetoed against that)
medicine... (hate people... howla to treat them)
criminal law (mom said no future in this country)
chemist/pharmacist (die in a white lab coat?)
bio-chemist (hmmm I loved the idea of a mad scientist...
more importantly the idea of going mad n unleashed in the US)
Wasn't that difficult to convince my parents to let me do that... nice glamourous title... (although dad was hesitant then, as he just employed a bio chemist as his receptionist - but that was the 80's)...
But some things happened... didn't get to go to the US... detoured down under.
Bound for Melbourne.
Cut the long story short... switched my degree mid year to Arts... from Bio Chemistry to Sociology...
Yup... Life's only constant is change.
Back to the question... How did I end up doing what I do?
took an interest in studying society,
loved liberal arts,
enjoyed performing arts,
more importantly absolutely loved the art of manipulation - advertising.
One day I woke up and decided to try to combine the lot. Why should we work in fields that don't interest us? Why can't we be happy working and make a little money whilst we are at it...?
Hence the birth of Integrated Expressions.
Now the million dollar question...
just how happy am i doing this?

No comments: